I can remember being so much more creative with my hair when I was in high school. Now that I am older, I have issues finding a good way to style my medium length hair. My two types of style usually consist of it being down and curled at the ends or pulled back in a pony tail…boring! I was super excited to find great hair styling tips on the TRESemme website. I also received three TRESemme hair styling products to help me accomplish a simple yet feminine side bun.
The 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray is perfect to use on the roots of your freshly cleaned hair to get tons of volume. You simply spritz your damp roots and then blow dry at the roots. It helps to give your hair lift and is very light weight in consistency. This comes in an 8 oz bottle with pump top sprayer.
The Anti Frizz Secret Smoothing Creme comes in a 4 oz squeezable tube. This product can be used on damp or dry hair and you only need to use a dime sized amount. The creme helps to prevent frizz and makes your hair feel super smooth and moisturized. You can use it evenly in damp hair and then style as needed or you can use a little dab on dry hair to tame frizz or flyaways.
The 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray comes in a 7.7 oz bottle with aerosol spray top. I love that this product helps keep your styled hair looking flawless all day long. It also is very light weight and doesn’t weigh down your hair. Your hair still feels bouncy and moveable but your style stays put. It also is enriched with volume control complex, which, gives your hair a little extra volume and provides shine.
TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created a gorgeous undone side bun for Rebecca Minkoff’s Fall 2012 runway show.
- 1. Create a deep side part and prep damp hair with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray. Apply throughout hair from roots to ends
- 2. Diffuse hair on high heat
- 3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 – apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray from roots to ends and diffuse hair. Be sure to layer the product to create a natural, rough texture
- 4. Apply a dime size amount of TRESemmé Smooth & Silky Anti-Frizz Secret Crème throughout hair to give definition
- 5. Gather hair into a loose pony on one side, fastening elastic midway down the pony, leaving the heavier side of the face-framing part loose and undone
- 6. Twist hair into a messy side bun, fastening with hair pins as you go
- 7. Loosely gather pieces from the heavier side of the part and pin into bun
- 8. To finish, lightly spritz with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray
- • Blow dryer
- • Diffuser
- • Clips, elastic, bobby and hair pins
- • Teasing comb and brush
- • Spray bottle
- • Mason Pearson brush
ABOUT TRESEMME (from their website):
TRESemmé, the #1 styling brand in the U.S., believes everyone should have access to salon innovations & the latest runway hair trends with our salon-quality, affordable haircare.
With a seriously in-the-know stylist team and a seasonal presence as the official haircare sponsor for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, we let you in on the secrets to achieving professional results with tools & tips to translate runway trends to real way looks! TRESemmé. Professional. Affordable.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received the hair products mentioned above for free for review purposes from Tresemme. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”